Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Riding a bike!


I LEARNED HOW TO RIDE A TANDEM
This is what we looked like basically. Me holding on for dear life,
with Charles enjoying every minute of it

I have never learned how to ride a bike. It is a fact of life that I crashed when I was six and I have never been on one since. My father stopped trying, and when I was nine he gave away the bright pink cool bike that I had recieved to one of his patients.
HOWEVER SATURDAY I learend how to ride a tandem bike! Thanks to Charles Henry, and his bicycle built for two, I have master the set of two wheels and two bodies. NOW I JUST NEED TO ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO RIDE A REAL BIKE!

I have toied the idea of learning how to ride a bike with others, and they have all said that they want to push be down a really bumpy hill and let me figure it out. However my recount to them saying that is that I would taser them if they tried doing that - you know who you are -.

It was quite scary. First charles gave me a helmet and told me not to be scared, and that besides Paul who was the master, that he was the second master. So I shouldn't hasve to fear. I have mounted a bike before but I have never successfully ridden it. After he convinced me that we would go no where unless I wore the helmet. I suppose dhe knows that I am very very accident prone. They they carefully analyzed how short I was, so that they could set the bike seat. I began to do a none human little screach, sort of like a frog mixed with a swallow. You coudl tell that Charles was enjoying the fact that I was scquleching, on what it seemed like to be an adventure. Hopefully I can see Charles thinking that she can do this so that she will just enjoy the ride. ... and then we were off. For the first minute I was doing the I want to fly off of the bike so quick. But then I rather enjoyed it, until he decided to go down a huge hill, and flashbacks of us crashing and me smashing him to smiterines did not suit my liking. BUT WE SURVIVED! So that is my tale about how I learned to unoffically learn how to ride a bike.

I have always had that one thing that was unique about me. That I can't ride a bike. Which techniqually I still can, however truely I have mastered the crawl, now I just need to learn how to walk. Now I just need to learn something else that is unqie about me.

No comments: