Saturday, November 22, 2008

Library of Congress


Library of Congress
I think it is safe to tell this story now. But about a month ago I went to the Library of Congress. It was BEAUTIFUL! We went to the reading rooms, and we saw the Gutenberg Bible. However guess what, the tour guide was super mean. So here I was in the Library of Congress, trying to concentrate, listening very intently to this lovely little tour guide. When all of the sudden, Megan asks me for Tylenol. I of course can't say no, and then all of the sudden Jim wants to do a photo with me. It was super funny. I smiled, grabbed the tylenol. When the room went silent. I thought um.. . . okay.

Then I went ashen. I looked in front of me! THIS DUMB TOUR GUIDE had stopped the tour and looked at me and said "Are you done yet? You know that you can leave the tour
" I thought crap what do I say, and of course, being me and wanting to escape conflict I thought about leaving the tour. WHEN I HAD DONE NOTHING WRONG. I said. "I am sorry" She said, " You know, I wouldn't mind if you left the tour. "I said, please continue, I am sorry!" when really I wasn't. I hadn't said a WORD! I swear! She was pinpointing me for everyone else. It was entirely lame. So the rest of the tour, I hung back in the shallows. It was super funny, that was the beginning of what I was so to learn a interesting journey of my life.

No comments: